Are you using AC during COVID-19 pandemic and worrying about safety? Don’t worry, here’s how you should use your AC during the coronavirus outbreak according to guidelines issued by the government.
With the temperature soaring every year, people tend to use an air conditioner to get some respite from the scorching heatwave during the summer season. However, there have been many concerns over the use of air conditioners and coolers. People are worried about what the optimum temperature of AC they need to use AC in the amid coronavirus pandemic.
Here is the guide to use your AC during the coronavirus outbreak per guidelines issued:
- According to the guidelines, the temperature of 24-30 degrees Celcius for the home-run air conditioner (AC) should be kept while using ACs at homes.
- Advisory says that the humidity should be between 40-70 per cent. The advisory also recommends that the recirculation of cool air by room air conditioners must be accompanied by outdoor air intake through slightly open windows and exhaust by natural exfiltration. The rooms should be kept ventilated even when ACs are not running. As an extra precaution, the frequency of service can be increased.
- The relative humidity is likely to affect the infectivity of the coronavirus. It said that moisture present in the air is responsible for providing protection against respiratory infection.
- The uses of evaporative or desert coolers that provide effective cooling in hot and dry climates should be accompanied by air filters. This is advisable to prevent dust entry and maintain hygiene, evaporative cooler tanks must be kept clean and disinfected and the water drained and refilled frequently, the advisory says.
- Evaporative coolers must draw air from outside to ensure good ventilation.
- Windows should be partly kept open while using electric fans.
- If an exhaust fan is located nearby, then, it can also be switched on to exhaust air for better ventilation.
According to our experts, Panasonic Wi-Fi Twin cool inverter split AC is one of the best air conditioners in India in 2021. This is a premier air conditioning brand in India, and this masterpiece delivers the rich protection against COVID-19.
Apart from this, the advisory says that air conditioners, coolers and fans used should have an intake of air from outdoors. This can be achieved by using exhaust fans or by simply slightly opening the windows.
Below is the infographic of this article.